N-Button software allows you to create button/widgets to control Serial Port or Network devices without any programming. It has built-in rules for automation control. It’s so easy to realize smart control K8090/VM8090 relay card with N-Button software.
If you have K8090/VM8090 connected with outdoor security lights, you may like to control the lights automatically according to sunset and sunrise. For example,
- Turn on relays 10 minutes after sunset
- Turn off relays 10 minutes before sunrise
Here will show you how to set up N-Button software to do that.
1. Once you have your security lights connected with K8090/VM8090, be sue to connect K8090/VM8090 with your computer through USB cable.
3. Launch N-Button Pro, you will see N-Button Pro Manager panel.
4. Click Device Manager to add a new device K8090.
- Select Manufacturer – Velleman
- Select Device Type – VM8090/K8090
- Select Port Name for connected K8090
- Click OK on about panels, you will see 1 Device is added to N-Button Pro.
5. Add a Relay Button to Toggle All Relays.
- Click Relay Button to open Properties –Relay Button panel
- Input a new name or keep the default name
- Select Device – K8090
- Select Action – Toggle All Relays
- Select Style for the button
- Input the location or keep default value
- Select button size or keep default setting
- Click OK on Properties – Relay Button panel, you will see the Relay Button is added.
- Click OK on N-Button Pro Manager, you will see the button shows on right-top corner of your desktop. You can click and drag to move it.
- Click the button, you will see all K8090 relays On. Click the button again, all relays off. This indicates K8090 relay card works well with N-Button Pro software.
6. Add Automation control rule to turn on all relays 10 minutes after sunset.
- Right-click the desktop button to show pop-up menu. Click N-Button Pro Manager to show the N-Button Pro Manager panel.
- Click Automation to show Automation Manager panel
- Click New to show Rule Type panel
- Click Time Point Rule to show Time Point Rule panel
- On Time Point Rule panel, click the first Setting for Time Point to show Automation Rule –Time Point Setting
- Select Event Time
- Select Event – Sunset – After
- Input Time Offset 00:10:00
- Be sure to input Latitude and Longitude of your location
- You can click Check Sunrise/Sunset Time to see sunrise and sunset time for your location.
- Click OK back to Time Point Rule panel
- Click the second Setting to set up ‘Action when Current Time is On Time Point ‘.
- Select Action Type – Relay Action
- Select Action Device – K8090
- Select Control Action – Turn ON All Relays
- Click OK on setting panel, you will see Time Point Rule panel like below.
- Click OK on Time Point Rule panel, back to Automation Manager panel. You will see ‘On after Sunset‘ rule is added here.
7. Add Automation control rule to turn off all relays 10 minutes before sunrise.
- Click New again to show Rule Type panel.
- Add the rule for Off before Sunrise similar as settings in Step 6. Time Point Rule panel should show as below.
- After settings, both rules will be list on Automation Manager panel shown as below.
- Click OK on Automation Manager panel back to N-Button Pro Manager panel.
- Click OK on N-Button Pro Manager panel to finish all settings for smart control K8090.
Please make sure the computer installed with N-Button software and connected with K8090 is running all the time. You will see your security lights connected with K8090 are controlled automatically according to sunset and sunrise.