Comm Operator is professional communication debug software for Serial Port, TCP/IP, UDP, I2C, HTTP and FTDI.
Step 1: Download and install Comm Operator.
Step 2: Connect USB-I2C with CMPS11 according to pin diagram, and then connect USB-I2C with your computer.(You might need to install driver for USB-I2C.)
Step 3: Run Comm Operator, click the icon or menu Open Connection –> Serial Port panel to select COM Port and Baud Rate for USB-I2C and click Open button.
The connection status will be shown on the status bar of Comm Operator.
Step 4: Click menu View –> Standard to show or switch to Quick Send – Standard panel.
Step 5: Input data on Quick Send – Standard panel. Click Send button to send data.
According to USB-I2C document, the data format for Write/Read to I2C device with a 1-byte internal address register is shown as below.
- [USB-I2C Command] [I2C Address+R/W] [Register Address] [Number of Data Bytes] [Data(when writing)]
Test Example : Read the version of CMPS11
In Comm Operator Quick Send –Standard panel, input Hex data ”55 C1 00 01” in HEX format, then click Send button to read the version of CMPS11.
- 0x55 is the USB-I2C command for write/read 1-byte addressed devices.
- 0xC1 is the CMPS11 device default address 0x60 with 1 Read bit in the lowest bit.
- 0x00 is CMPS11 Register Address for software version.
- 0x01 is the number of read data byte.
Follow the rules above, the data to Read CMPS11 bearing is “55 C1 01 01” for 8-bit, or “55 C1 02 02” for 16-bit.
Tip: Check Add to List when you send data, the data will be added to Send Data List automatically.