ZigBee Operator is a professional tool to learn, research, develop and test Digi’s ZigBee/XBee module. It implements both API encoder and decoder for Digi’s XBee & ZigBee Mesh and 802.15.4. Both AT and API commands are supported.
Here are the sample steps for how to send I/O AT command for DIO4 Configuration:
1. Download and install ZigBee Operator.
2. Connect ZigBee/XBee module with computer by ZigBee to Serial Port adapter.
3. Run ZigBee Operator, open the COM Port connected with ZigBee/XBee module, and select the right baud rate.
4. Click “AT Terminal” button to show Terminal Window. Type the AT Commands to make sure it’s in API mode.
5. Click “802.15.4” button to show Quick Send – XBee & XBee –PRO 802.15.4 panel, and select AT Command for command type.
6. “D4” is the AT Command for DIO4 Configuration. Just input D4 for the command and click Send button. You will see all Send and Receive information in Log Data panel. Here, the current parameter for DIO4 is 5, that means digital output is high. At this moment, the LED5 of the adapter is off.
7. DIO4 digital output can be set to low by sending D4 command with parameter 4. Now, the LED5 is on.
8. Empty the parameter, send the D4 command again to make sure the current parameter of DIO4 has been changed to 4.
Following above steps, you can send other AT commands.
It’s so easy to send AT commands in API mode with ZigBee Operator comparing with X-CTU software. You don’t need input the long command packet and calculate the checksum. You only input the short command text and parameter according to the XBee Command Reference Tables. ZigBee Operator makes it so easy to configure, develop or test for XBee, ZigBee, 802.15.4 modules.